HYUNDAI'S SECOND GENERATION BLUE LINK TECHNOLOGY POWERED BY GOOGLE NOW AVAILABLE ON 2015 SONATA
Enhanced Blue Link Features Destination Search Engine Powered by Google
Hyundai Assurance Car Care In-Vehicle App Debuts on All-New Sonata
The next-generation Blue Link system features a destination search powered by Google™, maintenance alerts and a new Hyundai Assurance Car Care in-vehicle app, which debuts on the all-new Sonatas with Navigation. Blue Link is an innovative telematics solution that brings seamless connectivity for safety, car care and infotainment capabilities and is offered in three packages: Connected Care, Remote and Guidance. The all-new 2015 Sonata goes on sale this summer.
Blue Link Enhancements
- Destination Search powered by Google – users will be able to take advantage of Google’s powerful destination search via the Blue Link button (voice recognition) and navigation display, or through myhyundai.com and the Blue Link mobile app to send a destination to their car
- Remote Start – now includes an engine timer (1-10 min.), remote stop, remote climate control and remote defroster (Late availability)
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance –includes user-selected emergency contacts notification via SMS and e-mail
- Maintenance Alert – Maintenance alerts display on the multimedia screen and includes an option to schedule a service appointment from inside the vehicle
HYUNDAI ASSURANCE CAR CARE IN-VEHICLE APP
The Blue Link in-vehicle car care app will be available for download into the multimedia screen of 2015 Sonatas equipped with Navigation. The in-vehicle app will have similar features to the Hyundai Assurance Car Care mobile app and gives 2015 Sonata owners another convenient option for scheduling car care service at their favorite dealership. The Assurance Car Care in-vehicle app features Hyundai’s first on-screen interactive owner’s manual and quick reference guide, providing a convenient and simpler way for owners to become familiar with the full capabilities of the vehicle. It also has maintenance and recall reminders.
Assurance Car Care In-Vehicle App features include:
- Car care services
- Service scheduling
- Maintenance information
- Warranty information
- Warnings and indicators guide
- Owner’s manual information
- Quick reference guides
- Dealer locator
- Roadside assistance
- Blue Link information
blue link CONNECTED CARE Package features
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and Assistance – Provides assistance when an accident occurs and an airbag is deployed. In this event, an ACN signal, containing customer and location information, will automatically be transmitted to the response center. Upon receipt of the signal, a response specialist will attempt to establish voice communications with the vehicle occupants and forward any pertinent information to emergency services. The user selected primary driver will also be notified automatically via SMS/Email in case an ACN call is made to the call center. Additionally, the call center agent will also be able to contact a user’s emergency contact, if requested. (Emergency contacts can be set on MyHyundai.com or the mobile app)
- SOS Emergency Assistance – Customers request emergency assistance by pressing the dedicated SOS button in the vehicle. This action transmits vehicle information and location to specially-trained response specialists, who assist in coordinating the dispatch of appropriate emergency assistance to the customer. The response specialist will remain on the line with the customer until advised assistance has arrived. The primary driver will also be notified via SMS/Email in case a SOS call is made to the call center. (Emergency contacts can be set on MyHyundai.com or the mobile app)
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance – Enables customers to utilize their Hyundai Assurance 24/7 Roadside Assistance via a single in-vehicle button-press. With Blue Link, vehicle information (including location) is automatically transmitted to a response center, enabling the specialist to dispatch assistance more quickly and efficiently for vehicle assistance and retrieval. Additionally, users can dial 855.2.BLUELINK or click on the phone link found in the Blue Link Mobile App.
- Monthly Vehicle Health Report - Provides a report of vehicle diagnostics and other important information in a monthly email report and web page update, starting 30 days after registering with the Blue Link service. The report includes Maintenance Alerts and quick links to schedule service. Now features a new simplified design and integration to preferred dealer car care offers.
- Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Notification – Provides explanation and repair assistance using vehicle data and off-board diagnosis capabilities to better inform the customer of vehicle diagnostic alerts. A combination of in-vehicle display alerts and/or guided voice messages provides customers with additional instructions (information is also sent to the customer's preferred dealer to assist with the diagnostic process).Simplifies vehicle maintenance and helps users maintain their vehicle in optimum running order. Users can also schedule a service appointment via the in-vehicle display immediately following a DTC notification.
- Service Link– Connects to a Blue Link agent via the Blue Link button to schedule a car care service appointment. For non-maintenance appointments, a recording of the request will be sent to the preferred dealer in advance of the service appointment to help them prepare for the service visit. Customers can also schedule service from the myHyundai.com, Blue Link app and touchscreen display after a DTC notification. Preferred dealer can be set on myHyundai.com.
- Blue Link Mobile App - Allows users to search for destinations on their phone and send them to their vehicle. Also allows the user to remotely lock and unlock the doors, activate the vehicle's horn or lights, and start the engine, all directly from a smartphone.
- Maintenance Alert – This feature helps keep the owner’s Hyundai in optimum running order by notifying them in advance of regularly scheduled maintenance intervals. Notification is made via text message or e-mail. Maintenance information is also available the In-Vehicle Car Care app.
- Recall Advisor - Provides all pertinent recall information should a recall be initiated. This feature provides the user with information as well as directions for next steps via in-vehicle app or e-mail.
- Driving Information – Enhances the driving experience by readily summarizing the user’s most recent trip data in a clear and concise format.Driving Information is available via the Blue Link Menu in the vehicle’s touchscreen display. Users will have access to information from their most recent trip including: Driving Distance, Driving Time, Engine Idle Time, Speed Distribution, Deceleration/Acceleration
- On-Demand Diagnostics – Provides users with timely in-vehicle diagnostics evaluation. Users can access Vehicle Diagnostics from the Blue Link Menu on the center display Home screen. After the vehicle performs a diagnostic evaluation, it notifies the user if any conditions are found. To learn more press the owner presses the More Information button. The vehicle condition is then found and shown with a date/time stamp. Pressing the Blue Link Center button connects to a live agent for service scheduling.
- In-Vehicle Car Care App - Assurance Car Care In-Vehicle App features include: service scheduling, maintenance information, warranty information, warnings and indicators guide, owner’s manual information, quick reference guides, dealer locator, roadside assistance, Blue Link information. Recall information can also be found on the app.
- App Store Access (In-Vehicle and Web) – The Blue Link Download Center is Hyundai’s app store with exclusive Hyundai apps and third party apps available in-vehicle and on the customer web portal. Currently Aha! Radio, Assurance Car Care and SoundHound are available in the Blue Link Download Center. The customer must initiate the download.
- Pre-Loaded Apps – These apps are downloaded to the vehicle head-unit prior to reaching the dealership or customer. Currently Pandora is pre-loaded.
- Secondary Driver – Blue Link subscribers can invite a secondary driver to create a MyHyundai account and set their own communication and feature preferences for a shared Hyundai vehicle.
BLUE LINK REMOTE PACKAGE FEATURES
- Remote Vehicle Start - Enables customers to start the vehicle via smartphone application and owner’s website for vehicles equipped with push-button start and either automatic or dual-clutch transmissions. Now includes an engine timer (1-10 min.), remote stop, remote climate control (requires Fully Automatic Temperature Control) and remote defroster.
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock - Enables locking or unlocking vehicle doors via smartphone application or owner's website.
- Remote Horn and Lights - Enables activating the horn and/or lights via smartphone application, owner's website, or a toll-free number.
- Car Finder - (Exclusively available via mobile app). Allows you to find your vehicle on a map if you are within a 1-mile radius of your vehicle and to save your vehicle’s location for future reference.
- Alarm Notification - Notifies customers when and where the vehicle alert is activated via a text message, email or an automated phone call.
- Panic Notification- Notifies customers when the panic button on their vehicle key fob has been activated, signifying when a family member or other vehicle occupant may be in danger. Notifications are configured online and transmitted via email or phone call.
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery - In the event a customer's vehicle is reported stolen (and a stolen vehicle report has been filed with the appropriate police department), the response center can provide assistance to the police in an attempt to recover the vehicle.
- Stolen Vehicle Slowdown - Used with Stolen Vehicle Recovery, this enables law enforcement to gradually reduce the engine power of the vehicle, thus slowing it down to safe levels. A warning will be transmitted to the driver prior to the slowdown procedure.
- Vehicle Immobilization - Used with Stolen Vehicle Recovery, this enables law enforcement to send a signal to the vehicle which immobilizes the engine management system, thus preventing startup. This capability is only valid when the ignition is off, but the command can be saved by the Engine Control Unit for later immobilization if the vehicle is on or in motion at the time of signal transmission.
Blue Link Guidance package FEATURES
- Destination Search powered by Google – users will be able to take advantage of Google’s powerful destination search via the Blue Link button (voice recognition) and navigation display, or through myhyundai.com and the Blue Link mobile apps to send a destination to their car
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Assurance includes Assurance Connected Care that provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Hyundai Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services, complimentary for three years. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com